Property Tax Payment Instructions

You may pay your Real Estate Taxes in one of the following ways:


To pay your real estate taxes online, visit
You can search by name, address, or parcel number (located on the upper left-hand corner of your tax bill). For credit and debit cards there is a flat fee of $1.50 plus an additional 2.35% on the total transaction amount. For an e-check there is an ACH process fee of $2.00

By Phone:

To pay by phone, you can call 1 (877) 221-8591. A parcel number and payment information will be required.

County Banks:

You may pay your property taxes at these Vermilion County Banks either on or before the due dates. Tax bill must be present.

-First Financial Bank -Philo Exchange Bank -Illinois National Bank -Longview Bank
-First Financial Hoopeston -First Farmers Bank -Prospect Bank -Rantoul (Rossville) Bank
-Gifford State Bank -Iroquois Federal -Fisher National Bank  

By Mail:

Be sure to enclose the 1st or 2nd installment stub to insure the proper credit. Payments can be mailed to PO Box 730 Danville, IL 61834.

In Our Office:

The Vermilion County Treasurer’s Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Other Notes about Tax Bills:

If taxes are paid through escrow (Mortgage Company, Savings and Loan, Bank) it is your responsibility to forward the property tax bill to your agent.

If you have sold real estate, please forward the property tax bill to the new owner.

The Tax Collector will not be responsible for payment on the wrong tax bill.

After the second installment due date, payments must be made either at the Treasurer’s office or online. Banks cannot collect taxes after the due dates.

Failure to receive a tax bill will not relieve the tax payer of penalties accruing if taxes are not paid before the penalty date.

Interest is added at the rate of 1 1/2% per month for delinquent taxes or any fraction thereof, after penalty dates until tax is sold or forfeited. A $10.00 cost will be added for advertising each delinquent tax.

The payment is void if made by a check which is not honored by the bank. There will be a charge of $30.00 by the Collector for any check not honored by the bank.

Check your tax bill for owner occupied and senior citizens exemptions. If you qualify, but have not received credit, call or visit the Supervisor of Assessments in the Joseph G. Cannon Building (554-1940).

To change your name or address on a tax bill, call the Supervisor of Assessments in the Joseph G. Cannon Building at 554-1940.

The Tax Collector only collects your taxes and is not responsible for your tax assessment or the amount of tax that you are paying.