Criminal Investigation Division
The Criminal Investigation Division which is currently led by Captain M. Hartshorn is responsible for conducting thorough and consistent investigations of crimes committed in Vermilion County. Investigators perform many tasks in order to solve a case. They may have to conduct surveillance at all hours of the day and night, retrieve evidence, interview witnesses and suspects of a crime. Investigators work crimes against person and property which includes: murder, sexual assaults, child abuse, fraud, burglary, and juvenile crimes.
The Investigations Division is also responsible for:
- Acting as liaison to other agencies requesting information on suspects.
- All items seized by Deputies and held as evidence.
- Extradition of wanted criminals from outside the state of Illinois.
- Maintaining Sex Offender records for the County.
The Investigation Division consists of six Deputies with one Deputy assigned to the Vermilion County Metropolitan Enforcement Group.
- Captain M. Hartshorn
- Sergeant D. Heckerson
- Investigator S. Jones
- Investigator B. Norton
- Investigator A. Bruens
- Investigator J. Roach
- Investigator P. Alblinger
- Administrative Assistant – Beth Christian