COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Information
Updated: June 29. 2023
Top Things to Know Before Getting Vaccinated
- COVID19 Vaccines are free. Depending on where you go, you may be charged an administrative fee.
- You must be at least 6 months old to receive the Pediatric Pfizer Vaccine and 12 years for the Adult Pfizer Vaccine. You must be at least 18 years old to receive the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson Vaccine.
- Some people may be eligible for a 3rd dose or a Booster Shot. Please click on IDPH’s website to get a breakdown of eligibility: IDPH’s Website
- To see if you are able to receive the COVID19 vaccine, please take a look at this screening tool.
- If you are worried about the safety of vaccines, please visit the CDC for RELIABLE INFORMATION.
- Debunk the Myths of COVID19 Vaccines, please visit the CDC’s website on the truth.
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMING FOR YOUR VACCINATION
- If you have an appointment, please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before your appointment.
- Please wear short sleeves. This will make it easier and quicker for people to get through the vaccine station.
- If this is your 2nd dose or booster, bring your vaccine card back with you. If you have lost your vaccination card, please call the provider that issued you the vaccine card.
- If you answer “Yes” to being pregnant, you must have a doctor’s note saying you can receive the vaccine at the VCHD location. Please check with other providers before you arrive. You no longer need a doctor’s note if you are breastfeeding.
- Please see Screening Information before you come to get your vaccine to make sure you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
- You will be asked to remain in an observation area for 15-30 minutes post vaccination.
VCHD Vaccine Clinic Information (There are no scheduled clinics at VCHD at this time)
Other Locations you can receive a vaccine:
- Carle – Call 217-902-6100 to make an appointment or go to Carle’s Website for locations and online sign-ups
- OSF – Go to OSF’s Website for locations and online sign-ups.
- Local Pharmacies
- Aunt Martha’s
Did You Lose Your Vaccination Card?
If you have lost your vaccination card, please call the provider in which you received your vaccine. They may not be able to get you a new card, but you would be able to receive your official vaccine records that would show you received your COVID19 vaccine. Or visit IDPH page by clicking here.
For General COVID-19 information: Call 2-1-1