Vermilion County is required to keep a current inventory of assets over $250.00. These items must have a unique tag number and the information must be given to the Technology Services department to enter into the County’s Inventory database system.
Each County department is responsible for tagging their equipment and giving the inventory information to Technology Services.
This includes new equipment, updating information about an item or the surplus of an item.
- New Assets/Equip form
- Surplus Equipment form
- Surplus Vehicle form
- Policy & Procedures
- Ordinance for the Disposition of Excess, Obsolete or Unusable County Personal Property 03/14/2017
New Assets or Equipment of $250.00 or more:
- Attach a physical inventory tag on the equipment. (Tech Services will provide the tags.)
- Complete the New Assets/Equipment form and e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tech Services will enter the information into the Inventory System.
- Complete the Surplus Equipment form and e-mail the information to email@example.com
- If the surplus equipment is non-computer equipment, Building & Grounds will contact you and pick up the equipment.
- If the surplus equipment is computer equipment, Technology Services will contact you and pick up the equipment.
- Complete the Surplus Vehicle form and give the information to the County Board office.
- Please enter as much information as possible.
- The County Board office will contact your department to coordinate the surplus of the vehicle.