Vermilion County is required to keep a current inventory of assets over $250.00. These items must have a unique tag number and the information must be given to the Auditor’s office to enter into the County’s Inventory database system.
Each County department is responsible for tagging their equipment and giving the inventory information to the Auditor’s office.
This includes new equipment, updating information about an item or the surplus of an item.
- Addition/Removal Asset Form
- Surplus Equipment form
- Surplus Vehicle form
- Policy & Procedures
- Ordinance for the Disposition of Excess, Obsolete or Unusable County Personal Property 03/14/2017
New Assets or Equipment of $250.00 or more:
- Attach a physical inventory tag on the equipment. (The Auditor’s office will provide the tags.)
- Complete the New Assets/Equipment form and e-mail the information to the Auditor’s office.
- The Auditor’s office will enter the information into the Inventory System.
- Complete the Surplus Equipment form and e-mail the information to the Auditor’s office.
- If the surplus equipment is non-computer equipment, contact Building & Grounds to pick up the equipment.
- If the surplus equipment is computer equipment, contact Technology Services to pick up the equipment.
- Complete the Surplus Vehicle form and give the information to the County Board office.
- Please enter as much information as possible.
- The County Board office will contact your department to coordinate the surplus of the vehicle.